Valerian is a plant containing iridoids and valerenic acids, known for their properties of maintaining normal sleep quality. Their concentration is optimal in the fresh plant, and promotes the relaxing effect of this plant. Valerian promotes deep and reparative sleep in cases of insomnia, irritability or nervous tension. It reduces the time it takes to fall asleep (1) and improves nighttime quality (2). It also helps in smoking cessation treatments where Valerian gives an unpleasant taste to tobacco and calms irritability from withdrawal.
Like all other SIPF® products from the Synergia Laboratory, Organic Valerian SIPF® is manufactured by the SIPF® process.
THE SIPF® PROCESS
Patented in Europe, the SIPF® production procedure guarantees the preservation of the whole of the constituent elements such as they were originally available in the fresh plant in its natural condition. This procedure, labelled as organic by Ecocert, restores the integral biochemistry of the fresh plant without filtration, heating or drying and above all with no degradation of the enzymes.
- 5 ml diluted in water, twice a day.
- Daily consumption of Organic Valerian SIPF® provides at least 2.2 grams of fresh plant.
- May be associated for 1 month with Organic Passion Flower SIPF® as in our Serene Night protocol.
- 100ml bottles (10 days), 300 ml (30 days), or 600 ml (60 days), depending on usage.
(1) Medicinal plants for insomnia: a review of their pharmacology, efficacy and tolerability.J Psychopharmacol. 2005 Jul;19(4):414-21. (2) Critical evaluation of the effect of valerian extract on sleep structure and sleep quality. Pharmacopsychiatry. 2000 Mar;33(2):47-53.